The day has come.
The 2016 summer Olympics are upon us. And that equates to holiday-level excitement in my house.
You best believe all my Friday Favorites are Olympic themed this week…
- This article will get you up to speed on some medal contenders from team USA.
- Some Olympic themed crafts for your child and/or Olympic themed party.
- Speaking of an Olympic themed party, my old roommate Rachel threw one for the last winter Olympics, and that night will forever go down as one of my favorite Nashville memories. (Ok, this is the only picture I could find from the party, and we all look super bored. But I assure you, we were not!)
- Ralph Lauren designed the U.S. opening ceremony garb this time around, and word on the street is that it’s getting mixed reviews. To this I say, why focus on what could’ve been for American Olympic fashion when the Australians have already won the style game? (See below.)
- The greatest moment in Olympic history. True story: my grandma recorded the 1996 women’s gymnastics team competition on VHS, and I’ve literally watched the full thing at least 20 times in my life, if not more.
You probably won’t be hearing from me for the next two weeks. I’ll be too busy watching rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming.
Currently listening to “Born in the USA” by Bruce