It’s Friday, and wowza is it a hot one out there.
But good news for those of you who are also growing weary in this 106 degree weather: it’s supposed to be in the 80’s this weekend. Yes, the 80’s.
Sweet, sweet relief.
Obviously, the incoming cooler temperature is a definite favorite for me this Friday. And while we’re talking about favorites, here are a few more to check out:
- First up, an interesting story on refugees. “Yes, the world is moved by Team Refugees. Yet, it is unmoved by refugees.”
- What is it about train rides that make them seem so romantic and charming? I read this article on The Everygirl, and now it’s my mission to make it onboard at least one of the highlighted train rides at some point in my life.
- Another favorite are the yellow chairs in this shot found on Pinterest…
4. Olympic watching has been accompanied by mannnnnny slices of peach pie this week. I tell you, I will likely shed actual tears when peach season finally comes to a close.
5. Dogsitting isn’t too ruff (PUN!!) when you get to hang with this little face. 6. This sister of mine passed her boards this week and is officially a Nurse Practitioner. We Williamsons think you are so great, Sarah! 7. I had an overnight retreat last weekend in a small town about 30 minutes from Dallas. We had some down time at night, so my team and I journeyed to the closest food establishment (a gas station) to grab some munchies. The lady in front of me in the checkout line was buying some tiger-printed leggings (because apparently this wasn’t just any gas station…). I said something to the degree of “those are so fun!” and she then insisted on buying me some too. I tried to say no, but she truly wanted to buy them for me. Thus…
My legs look kind of silly in those leggings, but my heart sure does feel thankful for that sweet lady’s generosity.
It’s weekend time, friends! Ready, go!
Currently listening to “Heartbreak Dreamer” by Mat Kearney