We’ve made it to the last month of 2016, and to that I simply ask: HOW?
My December is filled to the brim with holiday parties, seasonal festivities, and hours upon hours of Hallmark Christmas movies. Tis the season!
Here are my favorites from this past week:
- As you may have heard, the new Gilmore Girls reunion series came out last Friday. You also may have heard all your Gilmore Girl-loving friends collectively saying, “huh.” Spoiler: the show wasn’t that great. And it wasn’t because it was poorly made or lacked it’s signature rapid-fire wit; I think most fans would agree that the characters (one in particular) turned out to be less than average human beings 10 years down the road. This article summed up my thoughts completely.
- The Williamson clan reunited for Thanksgiving last week, and man, was it fun. Always a treat to have my very favorite people in town.
- I think everyone should pick up the hobby of running. I swear it keeps me sane, and here is an article that may prove my point.
- Have I mentioned how much I love my job? Sometimes I just laugh when I realize I’m literally paid to be friends with the coolest people ever. Hanging out with students this past week was definitely one of my favorite things…
- My sister Sarah stayed in Dallas for a few days after Thanksgiving, and time with her was such a gift. Bless her soul, she definitely witnessed one of my worst days I’ve had in a while. At one point in that day, I came home to my apartment, laid down on my living room floor, and said, “WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?” Sarah, being the trooper that she is, helped to fix the pathetic Kat situation by treating me to Tex-Mex and good conversation. Sometimes you just need your sister to (quite literally) pick you up on your feet again. Thankful for you, Sarah!
Alright, I’m off to have a mind-clearing run. Enjoy your weekend to the fullest!
Currently listening to “Magic” by Thomas Gold