Happy Day o’ Love 2017. Last Valentines, I shared my top picks in love songs, and this year, I decided to carry on the merriment by highlighting my very favorite fictional couples. So here you go—my top 9 favorite TV/movie couples (because try as I might, I could not come up with a 10th couple…and I refused to slump to a “Ross and Rachel” or “Kate and Jack” pick).
9. April + Andy (Parks and Rec)
8. Gilbert + Ann (Ann of Green Gables)
7. Bill + Claire (The Cosby Show)
6. Jim + Pam (The Office)
5. Carl + Ellie (UP!)
4. Lucy and Jack (While You Were Sleeping)
3. Kristina + Adam (Parenthood)
2. Mary + George (It’s a Wonderful Life)
… And our #1 best fictional couple is….
1. Tammy Taylor and Coach (Friday Night Lights)
Happy Valentines. You are loved.
Currently listening to “The Book of Love” by Peter Gabriel (because of the line “I love it when you read to me, and you can read me anything…” That gets me every time.)