Happy advent season, friends!
As you may have heard, it’s the most wonderful time of the year.
But, if you’re anything like me, it’s also kind of a strange time of year. December is a month where my work life and personal life pull a 180—all of a sudden, I don’t have enough to do at work and wayyyy too much going on in my social life. As a kid who thrives with a routine, this throws me off every. single. year.
So this weekend, I’m pulling back and practicing that New Year Resolution/Mantra I came up with back in January: I’m not too good for it, but I am too old for it. (And by “pulling back,” I mean I’m skipping one of the three Christmas parties I was supposed to go to this weekend. Baby steps, y’all.)
Anyhow, let’s move on to some updates, shall we?
1. You may remember that I recently moved into a Lakewood back-house with my friend, Christen. Well, I’ve been nesting, and part of that process has included building these bookshelves in my new room. Upon looking at the picture below, you may think that the word “building” could easily be swapped for something like “installing,” but I assure you a lot of sanding, painting, measuring, and drilling went into creating these babies, so I stand by the statement that I built something. And for the very un-handy Kat Williamson, that is an impressive feat.
2. While the shelves may be nice, the best thing about my new home is definitely its proximity to White Rock Lake. Runs around this place are spoiling me rotten.
3. Tis the season to ring bells with the Salvation Army. In all honesty, it can be easy when surrounded by friends to forget why you’re ringing in the first place, but then ads like this one stop you in your tracks. I’m so thankful that I’m not in need this holiday season, and having the opportunity to help those in need—even if it is simply by standing outside of a Starbucks and collecting some dollars—is such an honor.
4. Let me tell you: with sisters like mine, there’s a lot to be proud of. I feel like I’m constantly highlighting some cool event or achievement in their lives on this blog, and today is no exception. Our beloved “middle sister” celebrated her 30th birthday this past Friday, and in my opinion, Sarah represents all the good things in life. She’s a kind, old soul and a true friend. Can’t wait to see what this upcoming decade has in store for your beautiful life, Sarah!
Oh, and remember how I write my other sister Becca cheesy poems on her birthday? Well, there are birthday traditions for Sarah as well—homegirl gets a birthday playlist every year. (Somewhat awkward/immature birthday traditions are my forté.)
The playlist for the big 3-0 included my all-time favorite songs for my all-time favorite girl. You can check it out here (but please don’t judge me on the dumb playlist title…or the fact that there is a Flo Rida + Justin Bieber song on there).
5. Up until about two months ago, I had every card that I’d ever received in a few really large plastic tubs under my bed. I love receiving cards, notes, …shoot, even just really friendly text messages. Words are my love language.
Anyhow, Target recently up’d it’s card game. They had tons of super cute cards for fairly cheap—definitely worth checking out. Also, Trader Joe’s cards are usually cute + only $.99 (SCORE).Alrighty, that’s all I’ve got this fine Friday. Enjoy your weekend, friends!
Currently listening to “Syndicate” by The Fray