Man, oh man. Life has been a combination of chaotic and weird and beautiful the past few weeks. There’s way too much going on to explain, so let’s just jump into the highlights, shall we?
- A few weeks ago, my dear friend Sarah came to Dallas for a quick visit. As luck would have it, our mutual pals Jeff and Emily were also driving through DFW that weekend. We had a short but sweet college reunion and, by the end of the visit, all seemed right with the world. High five for old friends who know you + love you well.
- Another new happening from the past few weeks: a change in staff at the church. A few of the faces below are new, others are back for a short time, and still others are about to move on to different adventures in the next few days. In the meantime, we have a GIANT youth staff filled with the coolest folks. Love these people a lot.
3. Well if this isn’t a big happening in my life, then I don’t know what is—my sister Becca got engaged! Let the wedding planning commence!
4. It’s funny the things that make you happy at different points in your life. Lately, I just can’t get enough of memes—because sometimes a gal just needs a dose of honest truth wrapped around a witty (and typically dumb) saying.
5. Oh, this one is fun…My friend Shiloe and I met the bachelorette this past Monday. Our “how we met” story with Rachel is kind of lame and drawn out, so I will leave you with this: she is nice, she is short (like teeny tiny), and she smells downright heavenly. We’re team Rachel ALL THA WAY.
5. And finally, I leave you with a sunset picture from outside of my apartment last week. Life is a weird beast sometimes. There have been a lot of highs the past few weeks, but the lows have been pretty consistent too. It’s hard to always know how to live well—how to treat people who have hurt you, how to handle awkward or confrontational situations, how to make peace with the past and move on. But then, there are those simple joys—like a beautiful sunset—that remind you that God is in control; that He’s taking care of everything.
Love from Dallas, TX,
Currently listening to “Tin Man” by Miranda Lambert